Control function can be performed from different control levels:
- From bay level: Through the bay controller screen and associated accessories.
- From station level: Using color monitors and other elements from the HMI.
- From remote control level: By means of a master control unit.
In bay level, many tasks are assigned to the bay controller. These include the following:
- Supervision of bay related voltages.
- Checking voltage synchronization for the closing operation of circuit breakers.
- Runtime verification for DS operations.
- Check for the right control level authority.
- Supervision of pumps, spring systems or other elements of a circuit breaker driving mechanism.
- Supervision of SF6 gas pressure in CB interrupting chambers.
- Prevent the progress of double operation commands.
- Verify the due automatic/manual operation mode.
- Verify the applicability of the interlock override operation mode.
- Self‐supervision including the condition of the voltage supplies.
- Detection of pole discrepancy in CBs
- Delivery of switching commands if favorable safety and operational conditions are fulfilled.
Control function performs acc to figure in close or open.